Thursday, June 5, 2014

Non fiction literary analysis "The Scarlet Letter"

1) a.
In my nonfiction book the story line was about a lAdy who's husband was away at sea for a ten years so she basically cheated on him in today's terms . But back then it was called committing  adultery. After a while she begin to notice she was pregnant and not with her husbands baby. When she is publicly humiliated with her baby in the middle of the town square her husband had returned but he looked completely different and so he used a different name so I wasn't tied to the adultery committer (his wife). Through out the story her husband try's to find out who it was and why they weren't publicly humiliated with her. He then found out it was the young preacher. he would not come clean about what he had done. The husband started to mess with the preacher. Until the stress got to the preacher . He ended up literally dying from his broken heart that he disobeyed everything he believed in.


b.
About a woman who committed adultery and the journey of her unbearable pain that she confidently works through and prospers for the rest of her life.

2. The author decided to write about this woman and her story because no matter what day and age this book would still tell the truth of society.

3.i started reading this book a few years ago in another English class and I actually liked the plot line but we never got to finish it but now I have and I'm proud I got to finish it.

4. There has been 3 situations that I have seen in the past year of girls having a baby one not knowing the father , second knowing and told everyone , and last the one who knew who it was but wouldn't rat him out until he stood up and say it was his and then he might not have died but just like the preacher he left the child and mother.

1. I'm not sure exactly what you're asking but I do know there was two books about this event and they were written very similar yet I know the authors have major influence on them. Like this author I think took the more dramatic version but I didn't mind because I believe that's what made this book.


2. Hester pryne- the woman who committed adultery she is a real strong character I don't believe she could have been a fictional character.
Pearl- the daughter of Hester . Everyone was afraid of this devils product and i happen to know a little girl who is as evil as pearl and is who I pictured as pearl when I was reading the book.
 Roger chillingsworth- the man who was the husband of Hester who left for ten years . He would be the ideal fictional character! He would be a daemon of some sort trust me this man manipulated so many and he was the true sinner of this book.

3. All these people separated would not be interesting but because so many are inner tied together somehow it creates a story that will keep you interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment